Update July. 05. 2011:
More than 1000
project management professionals from all over the world have taken part in the survey. However, we still need more participants from each country to conduct a rigorous cultural analysis. Please support this international research by representing your country and helping us learn from your valuable experience. Thank you.
Acceptance of Project Management Methodologies
In order to execute projects in a systematic, structured, transparent , and efficient manner, organizations develop or adopt project management (PM) methodologies (e.g PRINCE2, Agile PM, PMBOK, Scrum, specially developed company specific methodologies etc.). However, despite the benefits of using a PM methodology, only a handful of organizations are actually able to make their staff (e.g. project managers, project team members etc.) use such methodologies. The potential benefits of PM methodologies cannot be realized if these methodologies are not used by organizational members in a goal oriented and productive manner.
A methodology is a tested body of specified methods, techniques, processes, formalized rules, and standards.
Within the framework of this PM Acceptance Study we research technical
, and psychological
factors that lead to acceptance and use of PM methodologies by organizational members.
Information about the Questionnaire
- All data collected will be handled confidentially. Analysis and publication of the data will only be conducted in an anonymous and aggregated form.
- The Questionnaire addresses both females as well as males. However, to keep things simple we use the male form in the questionnaire
- It is critical for us that you complete the whole questionnaire.
- You will find a number of relatively similar sounding questions. This has been done purposefully and is necessary due to certain scientific methodological reasons.
- Should you have any questions please contact Kunal Mohan via E-Mail at email@example.com
Our way of saying Thank You
As a thank-you for your participation we will provide you, at the end of the project, a multiple page results report describing our findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
Additionally, we will conduct a raffle among all participants, and will give away a brand new iPod Nano touch with 8 GB memory capacity.